The following links will take you to many
interesting Roman Catholic WWW systems.
- LITURGY OF THE HOURS This Site provides the full Divine Office in text and choral renditions. A very worthwhile site to visit and possibly make part of your prayer life.
- DIVINE OFFICE This is an excellent site, that provides the full Divine Office, which you can adjust to your date and time - anywhere in the world - and then bookmark the various hours.
- DAILY SCRIPTURE READINGS & MEDITATIONS Scripture comes from the daily readings of the Church for the season.
- ACT Apostolate for Catholic Truth This site is looked after by the same author as the site above and is also worth taking in.
- Catholic Christian Outreach Is a university student movement dedicated to evangelization. It challenges members to live in the fullness of their Catholic faith, with a strong emphasis on becoming leaders in the renewal of the world.
- Catholic Saints Online. Lots of information on Saints of the Catholic Church.
- Christus Rex A complete tour of the Vatican, including the Sistine Chapel, with a great many pictures and up-to-date news reports.
- Introduction to book (in preparation)on 20th century versions of short breviaries (little offices)used in America: after the first reform ((Pius X, 1911), before the Second Vatican Council, and currently. Includes backgrounds to the Liturgy of the Hours, parent (office) texts, compilers, translators and publishers.
- Interest Most of us are in debt and this is an interesting article from the Catholic Encyclopedia.
- Padre Pio This is a website devoted entirely to the Spirituality of Padre Pio.
- The Fatima Network. "Is Fatima For Today" was the first leaflet that we wrote and distributed. Here is a Fatima resource that has a great deal of interesting material.
- The Handmaids of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Mary and JosephA Public Association of the faithful in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, striving to become a Religious Institute. Take a look!
- The "Unofficial" Pope John Paul II page
- Trappist Abbey of New Melleray in Iowa A
friend in Iowa sent this link to me. I used to spend a few days
every year, on retreat at this monastary when I lived closer to
it. Well worth a visit.